Staying Organized in the New Year

In the public relations industry, a common question that I always get is "How do you stay so organized?" There are many different answers to that question. The first being "well I am just naturally an organized person." And yes there is some truth to that, but you have to consciously organize your life. I hate to break it to you but nobody is just naturally organized, we all work at it on a daily basis.

The second answer to the organization question is that "I make to do lists and keep a planner (yes the old fashioned kind)!"This is in fact the truth of how I stay organized. I constantly have lists upon lists of to do's or priorities or people to call...you get the point. Putting everything in one place makes organization so much easier, trust me!

Organization doesn't stop at using a day planner for me. I also like to keep a very organized work bag and also use technology to help me out at times. With the new year starting a lot of people are trying to get their lives organized, so I've picked some of my "Organization Necessities" to share with you.

How do you choose to organize your life?

Dagne Dover | The Tiny Tote
Dagne Dover | The Clutch-Wallet
Erin Condren | Life Planner 
Shoeboxed 
This app is ideal for anyone who is on the go and needs a simple way to capture data from receipts or track mileage.
Sunrise
This free app puts a pleasant twist on traditional calendar tools with its edgy design. Sunrise sends reminders for Facebook as well as manually entered events, adjusts to your current time zone and displays the weather. And if you have a scheduled meeting with LinkedIn connections, their information and pictures will be displayed on your screen.
Last Pass
Losing passwords can be a problem if you need instant access to an important document. This app offers a secure way to store all your passwords in a central location.
And for those looking to organize their home, check out these articles and "Get Your Home Organized for Good with Domino".
I want to hear how you're organizing this year! 

"Our understanding is correlative to our perception." - Robert Delaunay

1 comment:

  1. Love the purse and I'm a sucker for a good looking planner! Even though I have more than enough I always want another haha.

    xo
    Tiffy
    CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete