K’s Dating Tips: From Friends to Lovers

As a twenty-something trying to navigate her way in this crazy world, dating tends to be a topic of discussion when I’m out with my girlfriends. That being said, I wanted to bring another aspect of my life to Kindly With K so I have decided to start posting some of my dating tips on here!

I am currently single and I am loving it, but don’t get me wrong…I love being in love. I am just waiting for the right guy to come into my life!

Ok enough about me! Recently two of my good friends decided that they were going to take their friendship to the next level and start dating. Going from friends to lovers can be a tricky situation to navigate, so I am going to share some advice on how to make the transition and how to be best friend lovers!
Communicate, Communicate, Communicate
Can I say it again…COMMUNICATE! If you and your friend are going to make the transition from friends to more than friends you have to talk to each other. Relationships do not survive without communication, but when you already know the person as a friend talking about your feelings, etc. becomes even more important. Just talk to each other!!

Be Open and Honest
Have you been thinking about him as more than a friend for a long time? Tell him. Honesty never hurts especially when you are starting a new relationship. You have to be open and honest about how you feel and where you see the relationship progressing. You never want to get stuck in the situation where you want a relationship and he just wants friends with benefits. If you are ever doubting on whether you should say something, I always go by the rule that honesty is the best policy.

Understand That It Won’t Be Easy
If you and your guy have been friends for a while, know that the transition to more than friends could be a little bumpy. Things that might not have bothered you before about each other could all of the sudden irritate the crap out of you and some days you may not like each other. It's just the reality. Just remember that there is a reason you both decided to give a relationship a try…don’t lose sight of that!

Some friendships turn into the most amazing relationships while others fail before they even get off the ground. Know that everyone dates differently, but as long as you talk to each other honestly friendships usually become the most life-changing relationships. Fight for what you want and never give up on someone you love!

Have you ever gone from friends to lovers? I want to hear from you!
"Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." - Ann Landers

1 comment: