3 Tips for Redecorating the Bedroom

If you know me, you know that I like to change the décor in my room more times than I change my hairstyle! Lately I have had the itch to reorganize and redecorate my room while still keeping my main pieces of furniture the same. I spend way too many hours on Pinterest and Houzz trying to find different ideas and inspiration because I want to be able to translate the vision in my head onto the canvas that is my room. Throughout this process, I have come across a few tips that I thought I would share with you on easy and effective ways to redecorate your bedroom.

1. Change your duvet cover. 

This may seem silly, but simply changing the color of your duvet cover can drastically change the tone of the room. I currently have a dark brown duvet cover that I am going to be switching out for a light grey one. I want to take the focal point away from my bed and add a more calming atmosphere into the room.

1
2. Add accent pillows.

Staying in the same color family as your duvet cover, add patterned pillows that complement the tone of your room. Since I am going to have a light grey duvet, I will be adding charcoal and navy blue accent pillows to my bed and on the reading chair that I have in my room.

1 | 2
3. Hang gallery walls and mirrors. 

Adding images and wall accessories can definitely spruce up a room and are easy to change in and out. I am finally going to be putting up all of my wall accessories that I have collected over the years and adding more of my personality on my walls!

1 | 2 
What simple things do you do when you are bored with the décor of a room? Once I have my room completely redone I will post the before/after images.


“Collect things you love, that are authentic to you, and your house becomes your story.” – Erin Flett

No comments:

Post a Comment