Winter Skin - LUSH Cosmetics

One of the worst things about wintertime is the lack of moisture in your skin with the cold air drying everything out. Usually I don't have any problems with dry skin, but this year has been the exception. Now I know Southern California's winters are much different than the rest of the country, but this year with all of our temperature changes (one day it will be 80 degrees, while the next it will be 60 and cloudy) my skin has absolutely no clue what is going on. 

After about a week of a dry face, I knew that I needed to get ahead of the problem. That is when I decided to go to my local LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics at Fashion Island and see what I could get to help remedy my dry skin. 

I spoke to one of the lovely store associates and explained my problems and she came up with the perfect winter skin routine! Here is how I remedy my dry, winter skin. 

First off, I start off with the Aqua Marina cleanser. This creamy, gentle cleanser is rolled up with mineral-rich nori seaweed to nourish the skin, cooling aloe vera gel and a sprinkling of sea salt for a super gentle exfoliation. It also contains calamine powder to calm irritated and sensitive skin. I use this as both my morning and nighttime cleanser and it has already worked wonders on my skin. 
After using Aqua Marina I spray my face with the Tea Tree Water toner. This light and refreshing toner reduces redness and clears excess oil without drying while helping to banish imperfections. The difference between LUSH's toners and many others is that it does not contain alcohol so it is much gentler on the skin. I have found it to be more effective than any other toner I have used in the past. 
Now comes the best part, the daily fresh face masks. Because I tend to have redness along with the dryness the lovely store associate suggested that I switch off between two fresh face masks. The first mask that I use to combat my redness is the Catastrophe Cosmetic. This nutrient-rich blueberry mask is packed with vitamins, and blended into calamine, rose absolute and chamomile blue oil to soothe redness, irritation and cleanse the skin without stripping it of its natural oils. This one is wonderfully soothing on sensitive skin. I noticed an immediate difference in my skin.
On the days that I don't use Catastrophe Cosmetic, I lather on by far my favorite face mask ever - Oatifix. This is the perfect winter mask to help with dry skin and it smells amazing! I literally want to eat it off my face! :) Oatifix uses its calming oats, softening mashed banana and ground almonds to slough away dry, flaky skin. I'm telling you it really is the best! 
It is always important to moisturize as well during the winter months. I am a fan of Clinique's Moisture surge during the day and their Turnaround Overnight to help keep my skin moisturized.

How do you keep your skin healthy during the winter? I would love to hear what products you have found that work on dry, winter skin!
"People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy." - Anton Chekhov

All images are from LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics. Kindly With K was not given products or compensation to publish this post. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment