Makeup Diaries

First off, happy first day of October! I wish I could say that we are getting into the fall spirit here in SoCal, but with the temperatures soaring into the high 90’s this week fall is still feeling a very long way away. Sweater weather needs to make its way to the West Coast, because I am really not liking this heat wave! Okay…enough of my complaining! :)

When I first started to seriously wear makeup in high school, there was always a constant struggle of trying to find the right foundation for my skin. After going through brand after brand of liquid foundation that left my face with an orange-y tint by the end of the day, I finally settled on a powder foundation from Clinique that doesn’t make me look like an Oompa Loompa by nightfall. I should note that I have very fair skin!

Almost Powder Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Just recently I was in my local mall and stopped in the bareMinerals store to see what the craze was all about with their new bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation. I explained my past foundation problems with the lovely store associate and she was kind enough to give me a small sample of the bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation in Porcelain along with a sample of their Original Mineral Veil® to use as a finishing powder to try out during the day.

Mineral Veil® | bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation
Trying new foundation is always daunting for me, so the other day when I just had some quick errands to run around town I decided to give the bareMinerals a try. I was happily surprised with both products. The bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation has a very silky texture, no scent and went on very smoothly. It felt as if I wasn’t even wearing face makeup which is a positive in my book because I don’t like the feeling of having makeup “caked” on my face. The Mineral Veil® added a nice finish and locked my makeup in place. The combination gave me a very natural look. I was impressed that at the end of the day I didn’t look like an Oompa Loompa and surprisingly my face looked as if I had just applied my makeup…no shininess and no creased lines.

Now it’s time for me to decide whether to stick with what I know or venture out and try something new for a while. Luckily for me the price points are about the same, so that is not an issue!

I would love to hear from you. Have you ever switched from a powder foundation to liquid foundation? Did you try the new bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation? I’d love to hear your thoughts!


“I believe that all women are pretty without makeup and can be pretty powerful with makeup.” – Bobbi Brown


Kindly With K was not given compensation or product to publish this post. All opinions expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment