Losing a Loved One

Losing a loved one is never easy. This past weekend was the one year anniversary of the passing of my Grampi. I have lost quite a few people in my life, but none have been as devastating or as hard as the loss of my grandfather. He was sick for quite a while, but his loss was very much unexpected. I can still vividly remember the day he passed because I had just seen him in the hospital the day prior and I was out to lunch with a girlfriend. I got home, walked in the house and I immediately knew something was wrong – that is when my mom told me he was gone. I fell to my knees and could literally feel my heart hurting. That day will never be forgotten from my memory.

Not a day has passed in the past year that I have not thought about him or remembered the memories that I have with him. Knowing that he won’t see me get married or have great grandchildren is a hard concept to process. Even though I know he is my angel up in heaven and is always watching over me, I still wish I could pick up the phone and call him. I would do anything to just have one last conversation with my Grampi.

I think that when you lose someone you love, the grief and pain never truly goes away. It just becomes bearable. Slowly my life has returned to normalcy, but he is with me in everything I do! I love him and I miss him very much.


Have you ever lost someone you loved? I would love to hear your story…


“Those we love don’t go away. They walk beside us every day unseen, unheard but always near. Still loved. Still missed and very dear.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment