Becoming a High School Teacher

You may or may not remember that back in March I announced that I was going back to school to become a high school math teacher. You can read all about that here! It has been a whirlwind couple of months with getting my schooling set up to getting placed in a high school to student teach to meeting with my mentor teacher for next year. With all the craziness, I really have realized that this is truly what I am meant to be doing with my life. Not that I have to justify my decisions to anyone, I wanted to share with you why I am becoming a teacher! Because just maybe somebody will read this post and realize that they want to teach as well!


Here are 5 reasons why I'm becoming a teacher:

1. My Future Students. There is nothing like the feeling of having students that rely and look to you for advice. Not only do I want to be their teacher, but I want to be able to be a person they can go to for anything and everything. My students will always be my number one priority.

2. Making a Difference. When I think about being a teacher, I think about the impact that I will have on the future generations. I will be helping to shape the minds of our youth and I can only hope that they will use the knowledge they have learned in my class to go out and make their own impact on our world.

3. Sharing My Knowledge. One thing I hope to be able to pass onto my students is the life lessons that I have learned. Being able to share my experiences in life will hopefully allow my students to not only not make the same mistakes that I have, but see that it is ok to fall as long as you pick yourself back up and keep moving forward!

4. No Day Is The Same. I cannot wait for the daily interaction with my students and to see how my student/teacher relationships develop. The best part, for me, about being in a classroom is the unknown and never knowing what type of situation I will be put into or what a student will have to say to me.

5. Making Math Fun. For too many people math is always a dreaded subject. I want to be able to bring the fun into learning once again and show kids that math doesn't have to be boring!

My reasons for teaching may be different than another person's, but what I know is that I was put on this Earth to be a teacher! I might have taken a detour on my path to get into the classroom, but I'm on the right road now and I can't wait to embark on this next part of my journey! What are your passions?

If you have any questions on teaching or why I've decided to become a teacher, I'd love to chat. Feel free to email me at kindlywithk@gmail.com or send me a message on social media @KindlyWithK!
"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." - e. e. cummings

1 comment: