Blogger Spotlight: A Peachy Sonder

This month's Blogger Spotlight focuses on A Peachy Sonder - twenty-something gal currently living in Northern Virginia!
Tell us a little about yourself. 
I'm a twenty-something gal currently tucked up in Northern VA. I'm originally from Atlanta and hope to make my way back there some day so I can be closer to my family. In my spare time, I enjoy blogging, reading, practicing yoga, and anything that has to do with food! I'm a self-proclaimed foodie.

What inspired or motivated you to first start your blog? 
I've been an avid blog reader for about 6 years now, and last October I decided to try my hand at blogging. I haven't looked back since! I find writing extremely relaxing and love sharing my thoughts with the world. I'd be just as happy if nobody read my posts, and it absolutely thrills me that people do! (shameless thank you plug to my lovely readers!)

Do you blog full-time, for fun, as a hobby? Share your evolution!
I consider blogging my favorite hobby, and have definitely started to take it more seriously over the past 6 months. I have a sales job that keeps me busy from 8-5 during the week and spend as much of my free time as I can curating my little corner of the internet. As I mentioned before, I write for the sheer joy that I receive every time I hit 'publish'. I'd love to devote more time to it in the future, but we shall have to see if and when life allows me to do so!

What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
I'd have to say that my favorite thing has got to be the community that I've found. The internet can be a cruel place and I'm so lucky to have been embraced by a supportive, stellar, and talented group of people who are with me every step of my blogging journey! Every single comment, email, tweet, and like make the effort I put into my blog worthwhile.
What do you hope your readers walk away with after reading your blog? 
My goal is to connect my readers with content that inspires and beautifies their lives! Whether that be a new beauty product, recipe, or idea- I love sharing knowledge. I try to write in the same tone that I use when I talk to my friends, so I hope that people feel like they're interacting with a friend through my posts.

Are there any people, or other bloggers, you see as examples or to whom you aspire to? 
I love everything about Julia Engel's site - Gal Meets Glam - and completely admire her personal style. The first blog that sucked me into the blogosphere was Ashley of Sweet Southern Prep. I love the clothing she features and her personality that shines through her posts seems so relatable. Although I'm not a fashion blogger, I love to read fashion blogs! They are great to pull ideas and inspiration from for my everyday life. These two in particular inspire me to be myself when online and are great examples of loyal followings gained by being authentic!

What advice would you give those who want to go into blogging? 
Just go for it! Yes, it's scary. But you can control how much of yourself you share (like me, I blog anonymously!) and you can control what you talk about. That really gives you the control to create something you're proud of. As for what to write about- I think if you have a unique spin on something, you have a blog post!

Five fun facts!
1 // My favorite animal is a turtle.
2 // I'm a red wine lover.
3 // I think that Friends is the best show, ever.
4 // I love coffee!
5 // I'll try any food once.

"The only way to enjoy anything in this life is to earn it first." - Ginger Rogers

2 comments: