The Future

When you are younger, all you do is look towards the future and think about how great it will be to become an adult and make decisions for yourself. However when you actually become an adult, the future can be a scary place. At 23 years old, I can honestly say that I don’t really know what my future holds. Now this may seem strange, but it is the truth. I know where I would like to be and what I would like to be doing however all of the pieces have to fall into place for my “perfect” future to occur. Even though I know that a “perfect” life doesn’t exist.  At this moment in my life, looking into the future is terrifying.

My younger self had a plan. I was going to go to college, become a teacher and live happily ever after. However, when I got to college I realized that the plan I had in place all along wasn’t truly what I wanted. So I threw my plan out the door and embarked on my new plan that I knew would lead me to happiness in the long run. After graduating college one year ago, there have been so many ups and downs with my life and career that I am starting to wonder what my future truly holds. Did I make the right decision changing majors and throwing my life-long plan out the door? Will I find the job that is the perfect fit for me?

As of right now there are a lot of unanswered questions in my life that only I can answer. I know that all of my decisions have led me to where I am today and the people around me will only continue to lead me in the right direction. Living in the moment is a hard thing to do, but I am striving to make every day count and take my life one day at a time. I know that I will find what makes me happy in time and have the career that I have always wanted to have. Until then I will take advantage of every opportunity that comes my way and make the most out of every day. Everything will turn out in the end!

Have you ever struggled with what your future looks like? I would love to hear how you have gotten through those times…feel free to leave a comment or send me an email at kindlywithk{a}gmail.com.


“Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotti

No comments:

Post a Comment